Interested in becoming a member of the American Camp Association, NY and NJ? There are many benefits to becoming a member. Here are just 10 of the reasons to join:
- Professional Development: Our association hosts numerous conferences throughout the year focusing on various topics of interest to the camp community. Attendees can learn more about ACA, connect with colleagues in the camp industry, and gain valuable knowledge about current trends and issues. Members receive discounts on all of our camp conferences, including the Tri-State Camp Conference, the largest camp conference in the world.
- Networking Opportunities: We provide several opportunities throughout the year for camp professionals to meet like-minded colleagues, collaborate, and share ideas. During the off-season, our members gather at roundtable discussions, affinity group meetings, and social events.
- Job Placement: Members of ACA, NY & NJ can post job opportunities on our website and browse resumes posted by prospective employees.
- Camper Placement: Our Parent Guidance Service recommends potential programs to parents looking for a summer camp. All camps accredited by the ACA, NY & NJ are a part of this service and families can view camp’s profiles in our online database.
- Public Relations: ACA, NY & NJ has a full-time Communications Director who promotes the positive value of camp to the media.
- Training & Consulting: Members receive discounts when using our training and consulting services. Popular topics include: Group Dynamics and Development, Positive Behavior Management, and Bully Prevention.
- Advocacy: The ACA, NY & NJ supports legislative issues that relate to the camp industry.
- Research: Our association works on research relevant to our members and the changing trends in the camping community.
- Camp Fairs: We provide support to dozens of camp fairs in NY and NJ to promote ACA Accredited camps to parents.
- Accreditation: Accreditation is a cornerstone of the American Camp Association’s efforts to enhance the summer camp experience and is the best evidence parents have of a camps commitment to a safe and nurturing environment for their children. ACA, NY & NJ supports hundreds of camps that have gone through this process.
For more information on Membership benefits, click here!